1. Eligibility: There is no purchase necessary to enter the contest sweepstakes ("Campaign"). This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at crownanthologies.com and who are 13 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to anyone anywhere, and is void where prohibited by state or country law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation in this sweepstakes includes submitting a poem on Instagram using #CrownAnthologiesVol1, #CrownAnthologies, voting for free at www.crownanthologies.com, or purchasing Crown Anthologies Vol 1.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Crown Anthologies as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Poem Submission Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 3, 2016 and ending March 3, 2016. All online entries must have been received by Nov 29, 2016, 7PM CT.
4. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: The Campaign must be entered by submitting a poem on Instagram using #CrownAnthologiesVol1, #CrownAnthologies, voting for free at www.crownanthologies.com, or purchasing Crown Anthologies Vol 1. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified in the promotions on Instagram, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Crown Anthologies. You may enter a max of 1 poem, tagging more than 1 poem will disqualify You. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Crown Anthologies.
5. How to Enter the Voting Contest: The Campaign must be entered by voting at least once on any poem of your choice at crownanthologies.com. To vote you must signup using either Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or email, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Crown Anthologies. You must only vote once to be entered for a chance to win. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Crown Anthologies.
6. Prizes: There is No Purchase Necessary to win a prize. The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive prizes. For the $500 sweepstakes, each vote at www.crownanthologies.com will receive 1 chance to win, with a maximum of 20 entries per person, and each person to purchase a book will receive 20 entries in the sweepstakes. 20 is the max number of entries for each person regardless of how they enter the sweepstakes or how many books they purchase. The top ten voted contestants in the poetry contest will also be printed in the Crown Anthologies Volume 1 book, and the top voted contestant will win a Typewriter from Trunks & Travel. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Crown Anthologies. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Crown Anthologies discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Crown Anthologies to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by [a random drawing and by community vote] under the supervision of Crown Anthologies. Winner will be notified by email or Instagram DM within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Crown Anthologies shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [3 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CROWN ANTHOLOGIES'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Crown Anthologies, anyone acting on behalf of Crown Anthologies, and Crown Anthologies’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By signing up to vote, you agree to allow us to notify you of the winners and releases. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Crown Anthologies. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Crown Anthologies from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Crown Anthologies may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: Crown Anthologies reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Crown Anthologies’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Crown Anthologies may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Crown Anthologies. Crown Anthologies reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Crown Anthologies has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Crown Anthologies reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Crown Anthologies and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF [your country] AND [your state/province], WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [your state/province] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Trunks & Travels.
14. Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Crown Anthologies is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
15. By voting once, buying the book or submitting a poem on Instagram, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Win an iPad & a Typewriter
NOV 15, 2016 - Nov 18, 2016
Submit a short poem using #crownanthologies on Instagram.
Poems must be about light, love, strength, loss or courage.
Tag 3 poems max (or you will be disqualified).
An iPad filled with eBooks
(Drawing Dec 21, 2017)
Signed books by Crown Anthologies contributors.
The author of the #1 poem wins a Typewriter.
NOV 21,2016 - DEC 21, 2017
Vote for your favorite poems below.
The top ten voted poems will be published in Crown Anthologies Vol 1.
Everyone that votes is entered to win an iPad.